On Page SEO, How many time did you hear about it? I’m sure you have heard a lot about meta tags and keywords for On Page SEO. In this article of On Page SEO, we will be looking at the practical methods and steps for On Page SEO.
On Page SEO is key to increase your site traffic i.e. organic traffic. I’m sure that you are eagerly waiting for the actual steps and techniques of On Page SEO.
Here are all On Page SEO techniques :
- Use SEO-Friendly URLs: Google especially focuses on the first 3 to 5 words in a URL and consider more weighty. So, I recommend making your URLs simpler and shorter which make sense. And Don’t forget to include your blog target keyword in your URL(in this case our keyword is on page For.eg: If you have this type of URL:
then immediately change it to this pattern from the admin panel of your website.
This URL makes more sense than the previous two URLs.
- Start Title with keyword:The title is the most important part of any blog or page. The title of the blog or page should start with your target keyword like we have chosen our title as on page SEO and make our title start with this. But do not make a long title then viewable limit on Search Engine.
- Add Modifiers to your Title: Adding some modifiers like “best”, “review”, ”2018” etc. can help you rank for long tail versions of your target keyword.
- Wrap Your blog post title in an H1 Tag: This is another important thing for your blog or Post. The H1 tag is “heading tag” that has more weight for focusing visitor to particular blog or page. WordPress like CMS automatically add the H1 tag to your blog post title but in some case, custom CMS users may need to configure manually.
- Dazzle with Multimedia: Text content is much necessary for the blog but Images, Video can significantly increase the visitor time on site helps to reduce the bounce rate(i.e. returning rate). You can use screenshot diagrams as per your content. Try to include pictures related to content so that user will be engaged on the content.
- Wrap Subheadings in H2 Tags: Subheading H2 tags are supportive tags for the post i.e. you can use h2 tag to clarify the h1 tag or simple you can include your target keyword on coming subheadings.
- Drop Keyword in First 100 Words: Your first 100 words should contain target keyword. This is the part that the search engine focuses on. You should repeat your keyword more for larger content.
- Use Responsive Design: Responsive Design could help your site to rank faster as per user feedback and experience. Responsive design can fit on any device or screen sizes so the user feels more comfortable visiting your site because of a nice User Interface and fitted content. Returning visitor is very much important for a website to rank on Google or another search engine.
- Use outbound links: Use some outgoing link so that Google can know that your site contains authentic or quality content which helps on ranking.
- Use Internal Links: This will be beneficial for your own website. This can be a loop for the visitor that they should not go to another site for seeking content. Use your past related post link URL in your upcoming future post, so that user does not think to switch to another site. For. eg I have included my previous post link here:
- Boost Site Speed: Leggy or too slow site can’t rank top on Google because of visitors feedback. The fast and speedy website can increase your rank on Google.
- Image Optimization: Adding Image isn’t helping you to rank on Google. Do some tick like: Provide target keyword title to your image name and also insert your keyword on “alt” tag of the image while uploading. An image can also be optimized by reducing its size using lossless compression format JPEG or JPG.
- Use social sharing buttons: Using social sharing buttons and including the interaction of post through Facebook post and comments can significantly increase the visitors.
- Post long content: Long content is most important for a blog because long content post contains more repeated target keyword and higher the density of keyword higher the chance to rank on Google.
On Page SEO techniques Representation
You can follow the above pictorial representation of different On Page Seo techniques to get better rank on Google.
Some additional Tips for On Page SEO
Sometime Long content may not be beneficial for everyone. Short and sweet post attract many visitors in the sense that long content might be boring. So, long content should have proper margin, gab, images, and videos for making people eye on the blog. Quality content is a prime factor that can help your website to rank in Top position. So find some interesting topic and write about it following this practical example of on page SEO.
Hope, You are enjoying my articles, If yes do share this website and post. It will help me to grow and motivate myself to create good content.
Follow my another article on SEO for WordPress users. Click on the link below